I am a professional illustrator of children’s picture books whose style would be most appropriate for children between 3 and 7 year olds. I create illustrations which combine hand drawn lines and digital elements. I am a self taught artist and constantly working on improving my craft.
I love whimsical and soft paced stories where the main characters are little people and where the messages are subtle. I enjoy fiction most of all but am open to consider non fiction if the story resonates with me.
I have illustrated several picture books in the last five years, and am always working on new projects, whether self initiated or private commissions. What I enjoy the most is drawing children. You can see some of my illustrations here.
You can also find and follow me on social media. Here are the links to the platforms I regularly use :
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeilaNabihIllustrations
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LN_Illustration
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leilanabihillustrations/
If you are interested in representing me or seeing more of my work, please do not hesitate to get in touch by sending me an email at leila (dot) nabih (at) gmail (dot) com or getting in touch via my contact form here .
Amongst my clients feature Auristech, Allied Artists, Big Belly Books, and Independent author Lisa Jones.
You can find all the books I have published here.
You can find out more about me on my most recent online interviews. If you wish to have me on your platform, please get in touch at leila (dot) nabih (at) gmail (dot) com .
- Kathy Temean’s Blog on Writing and Illustrating Children’s Books.
- The ultimate resource for kid lit writers and illustrators : Kidlit411
- The SCBWI Words and Pictures blog
- The SCBWI Featured Illustrator Gallery
- Dani Duck’s Smart Dummies Yearly Challenge (2017)
- Sketch for Survival (2018) – I was part of a collective exhibition of artists from around the world for the Explorers Against Extinction NPO . The exhibition travelled the world from London ( Oxo Tower Gallery) to New York.
- Tiled London (2018) – I was part of a collective exhibition of Illustrator in 2018 where the subject matter was the city of London. The exhibition was curated by Ingrid Anderson and took place at the Nolias Gallery in London.
- Pictures at Play (2017) – I was part of a collective exhibition of children’s books illustrators in a 2017 exhibition at the Half Moon Theatre in East London, organised by the SCBWI and judged by professionals in the industry.