Because I need to have that sense of self achievement, I’ve decided to do a review of all my major activities in 2017. Managing a household and a toddler is very time consuming so any progress I have made will give me the confidence to move on forward. Things tend to feel like they move very slowly since i can only work during nap times and in the evenings and weekends. So this is for my followers as well as for myself. Here goes:
So what did I do in 2017?
- Had the opportunity and grabbed it for a one on one with a picture book editor at Harper Collins.
- Arranged for a verbal agreement with an agent to represent my work.
- Was featured as a children’s books illustrator in an exhibition in London. In other words, I had one of my art pieces hanging on a wall in an art gallery for a few months.
- Sent out a first round of postcards to a list of art directors in London
- Refreshed my portfolio a couple of times
- Managed to continue picture books on my book review website “Reading to Baby”
- Opened an online shop on Etsy where I’ll be adding at least two or three pieces of work every month for sale.
- As a featured illustrator on the SCBWI WEBSITE.
- On the fabulous kidlit411 website.
- On the one and only Writing and Illustrating Children’s Books blog and website, as one of Kathy Temean’s Illustrator Saturday‘s.
- On the Smart Dummies Challenge Event.
- Illustrated “Christmas Eve” for award winning author L.A.Jones.
- My English version of Litt’l Red as a picture book, based on the dark Perrault version of the fairytale
- After more than 18 months in the making, finally published Joy’s Sneakers.
- Illustrated a series of animals and published them as a collection in a bilingual book.
- Helping out Dani, the organiser of the challenge and creating a critique group guideline for the event.
- Given a piece of artwork for a charity auction
- Was illustrator of the day on my college’s wall for a few advent days in December ( there are too many to mention here)
- Participated in Vivian Kirkfield funny little challenge fifty precious words
I am feeling very grateful right now and am hoping 2018 will be even better.